Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February 10th


Life is odd sometimes.

February 10th, 2012 was a very sad day for my family, as my sweet grandmother left this world.

Yesterday - two years to the day later - we joyously welcomed a new soul to the planet (and I became an aunt!).


I feel like I should say something profound here about the circle of life...but all I can come up with is that I don't believe the timing is a coincidence. I think it means that this little baby will grow up to be extra generous, kind, and full of love. And he'll probably be an amazing cook, just like his daddy and great-grandmother.





Welcome to the family, little man. You are loved.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Myssie! He's a sweetie. I can't stop staring at his photo. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! And a huge congratulations to you and your family! It isn't a coincidence at all...my cousin passed several days ago and I have been noticing many little signs and blessings coming forward already. Enjoy every second with this precious gift!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry about your cousin, Nicole! But I'm sure it's comforting to feel your cousin's presence around you still. xoxo

      Delete
  3. awwww...he's so beautiful xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious! Congrats Auntie! Yes...the circle of life, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Heather!!! Your nephew is beautiful!!!!!!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Heather! He is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely tribute to your grandmother and a welcome to this world for your nephew.
    Congratulations baby's make everything more special.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a poignant way of remembering your Grandmother. Congratulations on your cutest new family member!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. Life is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...