Sunday, January 12, 2014

Thrift Report: Cocktail Hour

Hello friends!  Did you find any bargain vintage treasures this week?  Most of my latest finds have been in the barware category, which was just fine with me!

Another pimptastic decanter, this time in blue!



A windfall of Kimiko silver crest glasses!

 


This decanter was an interesting find...very tall, with an organic shape.

 


...annnnd one more decanter, this one heavy lead crystal etched with the word "BOURBON" in a deco font.

 


And lastly, a set of six Georges Briard tumblers with a phenomenal frosted, gold flecked background and a gold and black hot air balloon design. They read, "The higher you go, the harder you fall." (Hmm...interesting message for a cocktail glass!)



The huge brass tray was also a lucky find this week!


So there you have my barware roundup for this week. I love when my finds fall into handy themed categories like that! :)  Clearly I need to host a cocktail party, STAT!

I'm linking up to these great blogs to share my finds and check out what everyone else unearthed this week!

A Living Space
The Cottage Market
The Dedicated House
Sir Thrift A Lot
Everyday Vintage

22 comments:

  1. Cheers! It is amazing how many decanters you found! I am lucky if I find one a month! The brass tray is BEAUTIFUL! I think brass is going to be huge this year, along with pink. What do I know? I guess I will like for it to trend. I am picking up more brass as of late, lots of interesting modernist pieces were done in brass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Bea! As I've mentioned before, I rarely find modernist anything in this area, but modernist brass pieces make me swoon. I think copper is due for a comeback as well! ;)

      Delete
  2. Those are some lovely decanters and glasses.
    I don't know what it is about glass but I love it when I find a good piece.
    You seem to have more luck then me.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Denise...I've seen some pretty amazing glass on your blog!

      Delete
  3. Love these finds! I'm always on the look pout for nice decanters! I was lucky enough to find a corning ware coffee pot the other day that matches the design of my corning ware teapot, a pyrex dish with the lid on it and a mid century buffet for just $12.50 - a great trip to the thrift store in my opinion! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Sunae, sounds like you had quite the luck lately! The 12.50 buffet sounds like the deal of the year! :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVEEEEE those Georges Briard tumblers. I have a set of 6, but in a very exciting pattern. These are some amazing finds. Are you find all of these at our local Goodwills?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you ask...two of the decanters and the Briard glasses came from super marked down antique mall sales! I rarely find anything at antique malls with enough profit margin for resale (though I love looking!) but I've been really lucky lately.

      Delete
  5. Great finds! I love the last one the best. Love that message while I'm drinking. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious barware pieces! The blue decanter is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all great! I love barware too. And I need to have several cocktail parties! Unfortunately, my stuff mainly sits in storage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's true for most people, unfortunately! It's fun to display, but it sure does get dusty. :)

      Delete
  8. I love everything that you found, as always!! The Georges Briard glasses are so interesting and beautiful! So funny! I just posted about my bar cart today on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Myssie. Ooh, a bar cart post?! Heading over now to check it out....

      Delete
  9. Wow, did you get lucky with the barware!! I absolutely love those balloon glasses. You are all ready for a cocktail party now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are definitely ready for a party! Love all your unique finds. Decanters are so beautiful. Would make pretty vases! Thanks for popping by!
    Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do you find all the fantastic golden glassware? Love the Georges Briard glasses, and the blue decanter is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All fabulous Heather, especially love the blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW my friend!!! Spectacular and Dazzling Finds...So 2014!!!! Hugs and great to see you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...