Monday, September 23, 2013

Thrift Report: First Finds of Fall

Sorry about the title...I was in the mood for a little bit of corny alliteration. :)

This week, I went to some thrifts that I haven't been to in quite a while, which is always a great way to bust out of a thrifting rut and find some unexpected treasures.

How cool is this tiny little pewter coffee pot?


I adore the little Chinoiserie-style feet, but the tiny brass foo dog finial was definitely the kicker.


I also picked up this beautiful Haviland platter:

 

It's so delicate and lovely in person. It has some issues -- namely one large but shallow chip -- so I may just keep it. I certainly couldn't leave it behind, right?


Then we had all kinds of vintage Blanc de Chine goodness...
 


Some Art Deco frolicking gazelles...

 


And, be still my heart...


A set of EIGHT near-mint Georges Briard rocks glasses in the rare Europa pattern.

All in all, I was pretty darn pleased with myself. Not that I really NEED more inventory right now, but the thrill of the hunt is just too much to resist sometimes.

Did you find any vintage treasures this week?

Linking up here:

A Living Space

16 comments:

  1. Nice haul of classy scores as always, I really love the movement of the book ends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Van! Those bookends are among my favorite brass pieces ever.

      Delete
  2. Your finds are always so elegant. I can imagine your place! When can we get a sneak peek? It is so interesting how different our finds are! I adore Georges Briard glassware and it sell well and for good money! I sold that same pattern a while back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Beatriz! You're right -- great minds. ;) I'm hoping that some pix of my new living room will be coming soon. Work has just gotten in the way of my progress. At least I've finally gotten the miter saw off the coffee table!!!!

      Delete
  3. Really great finds! I love the glasses, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stuff. Amazing coffee pot! And the gazelles are gorgeous! :)

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am fond of the coffee pot. Wish I weren't a coffee hater!

      Delete
  5. Coffee hater? Who knew! My favorite is the platter and I'd definitely keep it for myself! I haven't come across any Georges Briard since 2005, seriously. Love the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorites are the book ends and the glass set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather,

    Those gazelle bookends are the bomb! And the vintage Blanc de Chine? Mmmmm! All so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your finds always make for such an elegant and fancy post. I love the graceful gazelles and the Georges Briard glasses are AMAZING!!! I bet those sell fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pewter coffee pot and platter are wonderful the bookends are interesting.
    As usual you have great finds.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! You have some good thrifting juju!! Amazing finds and those glasses....I die. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...