Monday, August 19, 2013

Thrift Report: Back to School Edition

I realize that most of you probably assume I've dropped off the face of the earth!  Summer is the absolute busiest time of year in my line of work - I direct a program that helps new freshmen transition to college - and the last few weeks have been absolutely crazy. I didn't even get to the supermarket, let alone the thrift stores! 

Now that regular fall classes have begun on my campus, though, my life will actually calm down a bit. Fall, for me, is like summer for most people -- my "down time" at work. I can't wait. I'm way overdue!

To get back into the swing of things, I thought I'd show you a couple of finds that I picked up back in late July but never had a chance to show you. I'm really excited about them!


I've always wanted a set of these Pyrex diner-style cups and saucers. I'd never seen them in gray before spotting this set in a local Goodwill store!  They're absolutely pristine -- appear to never have been used. Aren't they so modern?

And then, a little farther down the same aisle, I came across these!


Another set in flamingo pink! This bunch included four dinner plates, four luncheon plates, four saucers, three cups, and serving bowl, and a cream and sugar set. Again -- pristine condition. I was so excited!

I just love the simple, modern, 50s vibe of these pieces. I had to photograph them and hide them away immediately, lest I decide to keep them for myself. The gray set looks really pretty with my jadeite collection!

Finally, here's a set of 1960s serving pieces that I found in another thrift a while ago:

There are eight steak knives plus a ladle, pie server, serving fork and spreader, all in the "Textura" pattern by Oneidacraft. I love the swoopy handles. 

I'd love to set a table with this flatware and Pyrex dinnerware!


Have you had any thrifting luck lately?  Now that my life is calming down, I can't wait to catch up on everyone else's blog posts and vintage finds!

xoxo
Heather

Linking up here:

Sir Thrift a lot
Make it Pretty Monday
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings

15 comments:

  1. Hi Heather!
    Just thought I'd pop on over and see what you've been up to! Glad to are coming to a time where you're not so rushed AND of your pretty things shown here...well, the tableware is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Great pyrex sets! I have never seen whole sets like that before. The red set is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are in the land of the living again:) Missed you!!!
    Cool dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore the flamingo pink set. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to find some Pyrex dishes like yours to add to my collection great find.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. We missed you! I'm happy to hear that life is going to settle down for you. The flamingo set its awesome! And those serving utensils are a cool find too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you back! (Your job sounds interesting, btw- I'd love to know how you got into that!). I would be in heaven if I found a whole set of those pink Pyrex diner dishes! I have a few plates (pink and blue) and we use them all the time! I'm always on the lookout for more to add to my personal collection. Congrats on a great thrift score!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back Heather! I have never seen any pyrex dishes like that, they are lovely! You did well by hiding them away. I would have been tempted to use otherwise. See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Flamingo Pink set...what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never had luck finding any Pyrex dishes at my local thrift shops. So happy that you were able to find some, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stuff! I love the pink dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love those gray dishes! I have never seen them in that color. The pink look to be in really good condition too, which can be hard to find sometimes.

    Glad you're back:-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOTS of fun goodies! I've never spotted the gray Pyrex in the "wild".

    Happy "summer" to you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sighed when I saw the first set with the gray trim (lovely). When I scrolled down a little further and saw the second set my heart literally skipped a beat. Too pretty and what a score!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...