Monday, July 8, 2013

Thrift Report: Post-Vacation Edition

Hi all!  My week of "staycation" is over and it's back to reality. I spent the week working on my never-ending living room revamp, visiting with family, watching a few fireworks over the lake (in between thunder showers), and -- of course -- doing loads of thrifting!

Here are a few fun finds from last week:


I picked up these bowls because I was certain they were Midwinter. As usual, the thrift store covered the markings with price stickers, but I felt pretty confident.

They are totally not Midwinter. They are "Hearthside Buffet Ware/Japan."  Dead ringers, though.

At the same thrift, I picked up this Ernest Sohn cheese board. 

Clearly I was in a "mid-century circle" kind of mood that day. I love the fat, tarnished brass rivets on this piece.

I also picked up this fabulous brass dragon candelabra:


It's huge and gorgeous and weighs a ton. I've also accidentally stabbed myself with it a few times.

That last candle cup is missing, but it was as steal so I bought it anyway. I'm thinking of unscrewing the candle cup on the far right to make it more symmetrical...thoughts?



Years ago, when I started collecting pottery, I hated Stangl. Now, I love it. Especially the pieces with gold glazes like this "Granada" line dish.




And finally, a little more circular Danish modern goodness in the form of some teak Hellerware coasters.

I picked up many other things that I'll share in upcoming posts, but this is what I've managed to prep and photograph so far. Did you do any thrifting or vintage hunting last week?

Linking up here!

The Cottage Market
Remnant PDX
Apron Thrift Girl
A Living Space

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your staycation. You got some great thrifty finds. I like your idea of unscrewing the candle cup on the right. I'm kind of uptight like that - it has to balance. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not alone in my obsession with symmetry! ;)

      Delete
  2. at first glance i thought 'midwinter' as well. they are gorgeous, whatever their "name".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissy. They really are pretty, aren't they? They have a nice weight and texture, too.

      Delete
  3. Best line ever, "They are totally not Midwinter." HA!

    Yes, remove that last candle cup from the end. Or move the center one to that spot!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! Love the candelabra, I say go for making them symmetrical. Love all things danish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. The candelabra is my favorite, too!

      Delete
  5. I am obsessed with that candelabra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...at the moment it's "temporarily" (ha) residing on my dining room table. And the fact that it doubles as a weapon is a plus, right? ;)

      Delete
  6. I too thought the plates were Midwinter! They caught my eye immediately as friends of mine collect Midwinter dishes so I'm always on the look out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Staycations are great! So curious about your living room... Love all the mid century (duh!) but the candle holder is quite a piece! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've been busy, you need another staycation! That dragon candle holder is to die for! And the coasters are awesome. I'm excited to see what else you found!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Staycations are the best arent they :) You have some great finds there, I absolutely love the cheese board its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...