Monday, June 24, 2013

Thrift Report: Just One Thing. No, Really.

Hello friends. 

Yes, the title is true. I actually walked out of a thrift store this weekend with just one item. I'm pretty sure this has never happened before -- at least not since I opened my shop and gave myself permission to bring home anything fabulous and vintage that my heart desired. I'm not gonna lie; I was proud of myself.  I didn't even need a shopping bag! 


My lucky find was an old brass coat rack with...that's right...a faux bamboo shape!  My two favorite things: faux bamboo and brass, all in one handy package.

I walked by this beauty twice before I really absorbed what I was looking at. I think I decided to ignore it at first because it's too big to ship affordably, so I couldn't sell it in my shop. This happens sometimes: I forget I can actually buy things in thrift stores for myself.  Then I came to my senses, noted the $7.99 price tag, and swooped it up!



My front door opens directly into my living room and I have no coat closet, so I don't know why it didn't dawn on me before to get a coat rack. I guess I just hadn't found one with the right vintage glam vibe until this one. ;)  I sure hope there's a good spot for it when I'm done with my seemingly-neverending living room redo!

How about you? Any lucky thrift finds this week?

Linking up to these fabulous parties:

A Living Space

10 comments:

  1. That is FUN! Yes to a coat rack! I think you'll work it in beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! It's beautiful and practical, gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! I do the same thing sometimes. I get so focused on buying for the shop I miss other great finds. Glad you came to your senses in time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! I totally do the same thing...my thoughts are always on the 'worth' of something...I forget to think about how cool it would look in my house. lol.
    It's only when I get something home...I have a hard time getting rid of it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- that's a great piece! Even though you only found one thing you got something awesome! And for $7.99! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing find and a great deal! I'm so glad you came to your senses. ;)

    I am avoiding the thrift shops due to overflowing cupboards and shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a great piece! So glad you saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love a bargain! This looks perfect for what you need/where you need it! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. a coat rack is definitely on my thrift wish list. amazing find!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...