Thursday, June 20, 2013

Horsing Around

You probably know that horse-head bookends (and lamps, and figurines...) are making a comeback. They have that vintage-inspired, Hollywood Regency vibe and that fits into most decor styles beautifully.

Even so....

I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED.



Apparently I've become a crazy horse-head bookend hoarder and didn't even realize it!



Seriously folks, I'm pretty sure my shop can meet all of your horse-head bookend needs.


It's a regular rodeo around here.

{#thisisn'tevenallofthem}

By the way, the orange set in the photos above is the damaged set from this post. I finally decided to give them a coat of spray enamel in a deep orange color, to add a pop of color to my new [STILL in-progress] living room, and I love how they turned out! What do you think?


Hope you're all having a lovely summer week!

xoxo


Linking with:
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Time Travel Thursday
The Thrifty Groove
Be Inspired Friday
Simply & Sweet Fridays

Dagmar's Home Thrifty and Vintage Finds link party

28 comments:

  1. Wow! Love all the horse head bookends! I'll have to send my horsey friends over! Stopping by from Treasure Hunt Thursday and you certainly have quite a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne! I seriously didn't realize how many I had until recently. It's a little out of hand!

      Delete
  2. Good Afternoon Heather, Well, you certainly know how to preempt a trend. These horse head book ends are coming into fashion and there you are with such an assortment ready and waiting to sell. Every one is going to be popping over to buy one, or should I say two.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness!!! That is quite the collection!!! Love the orange color...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I believe YOU are responsible for at least one of those in the photo, missy!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful collection! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays! New Follower!

    Take Care,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite the collection of horse heads. I hope you do well selling them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how before we even realize it, we seem to have a collection of something! Great bookends. Thank you for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! You have quite the collection there! I like the revamped orange bookends. They look very Hollywood Regency but also very modern. I bet they look great in your fabulous living room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Melissa! I really like how they turned out.

      Delete
  8. That's quite a collection.
    I find there's a lot of horse people out there.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up to "Thrifty & Vintage Finds" Heather! Tell your friends to come link up to my weekly link party as well :) Will have to check out your Etsy store.

    Love the painted pair!

    Dagmar
    Dagmar's Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these are awesome! I have the same "unintentional hoarder" problem with a few things- namely Pyrex, bird figurines, and vintage platters. I like the way the spray painting turned out- it looks really modern and interesting. That's definitely something to keep in mind before passing up slightly damaged/ugly-colored vintage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my first attempts at a spray paint makeover (except for lamps) and I was really happy with the way it turned out... And yes, the "unintentional hoarder" thing extends beyond just horses for me, too. ;)

      Delete
  11. Oh my! This is a lot of horses! LOL I really like how the damaged horses turned out! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is hilarious! The orange was a genius idea...love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the orange but I'm sure I'll be sick of it in about a week. I'm fickle that way. ;)

      Delete
  13. The Godfather would be proud of you with all those horse heads! Love the orange - they look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...