Monday, May 20, 2013

Thrift Report: Odd and Ends

I didn't do much thrifting last week...still holding out for the big buying trip later this month. I picked up just a few little odd n' ends that I couldn't resist.



These glasses remind me LOTS of an old Georges Briard pattern, but they're a bit different and I can't quite identify them. They're not signed. Anyone have any info?



I thought this little brass box was pretty with its enameled ram design. It would be great for an Aries, wouldn't it? The inside is lined with wood and I suspect it may have been a cigarette box.



I don't buy mugs for my shop that often, unless they're really rare or special, but these were too cute to pass up. They're delicate little Japanese porcelain mugs with the cutest mod mix of patterns.




I'm having a lot of trouble parting with this find. It's a solid brass Virginia Metalcrafters trivet commemorating Old Town Alexandria, Virginia.  Old Town Alex is the first place I lived after college, and I have amazing memories of that time. I lived right in the heart of the historic district in a third-floor walkup in brownstone built in the 1800s. Let's face it...I'm totally keeping this piece!

That's it for me this week....like I said, just a few odd and ends. How did you fare this week?


xoxo


Linking up here!

The Nifty Thrifty at A Living Space
Junkin' Joe at The Cottage Market
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

18 comments:

  1. You have to keep a piece with that much of a sentimental value! It's a must!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Plus...what are the chances of finding someone else who wants it?? ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm not surprised you're keeping the trivet - it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you must keep the trivet. Sorry I can't help ID the glassware, but it is very cool! Where are you going on this trip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the annual Old National Road highway sale, stretching from St. Louis all the way to Baltimore. I went last year, but was unprepared for how amazing it is. This year, we're starting in Indy and going as far east as we can over several days. I'm pretty excited!

      Delete
  4. Such cool finds! I love the box the best. And of course, the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that box too! The glasses have quite a bit of fading on the gold, but they were super inexpensive so I couldn't resist bringing them home. Hopefully I'll eventually ID them. :)

      Delete
  5. Those glasses are brilliant. Do keep the plaque, you can always sell it on at a later date if you feel like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! I'm pretty sure I have to keep it. :)

      Delete
  6. Very fun glasses, even if you can't id them they will do well. Love the box! I've also had the dotted mugs. I think they are made by Westwood pattern is carnival. Have a great time on your trip. Can't wait to see what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet finds. The mugs are so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to live in a Brownstone! We have a friend who lives in Old Town and he loves it. Glad you're keeping the trivit, its super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW I love the trivet Heather...but lets face it...I love all your finds and I don't know how you part with them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The box is my favorite. Gorgeous! That thrift trip sounds AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Heather, love the mugs...very perky and peppy,they belong on a teachers desk I think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You seriously amaze me! It is like you travel to another country to get your finds! They are phenomenal!!! Those mugs are just too happy and perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the colors of those mugs! I wouldn't have been able to leave them behind either.

    Have a lovely week,

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...