Friday, May 24, 2013

Secondhand Swoon: Blue Velvet Sofa

I am slightly obsessed with Emily Henderson and her stunning interiors. If you're not (gasp!) familiar with her work, check out her amazing blog at stylebyemilyhenderson.com.

More specifically, I am uber-obsessed with Emily's proclivity towards blue velvet sofas (and chairs). When I spotted this image on her blog recently, I actually got teary-eyed:


It's definitely not her first use of blue velvet furniture, but it's officially my favorite!

Cut to TODAY, as I'm aimlessly browsing Craigslist. (Seriously folks, don't judge. It's the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend. It's also Indy 500 weekend and Indiana Pacers playoff weekend. I am literally the only. person. in. my. office.) Anywho, what do I spy??


ACK!  Can you stand it?  And it comes with two of these:


Guess how much?  EIGHTY DOLLARS!!!!!!!!  And...drumroll please...he delivers!

Seriously. I just bought a new sofa. I have no room. I have no idea what condition these are in (though for $80...do I care? I can steam clean! I can even reupholster!)

Please, please please...tell me not to buy them! Or if you're in the area and want to buy them yourself and put me out of my misery, click here.  ;)


Happy weekend, friends!

20 comments:

  1. I am also a huge fan of Emily and share a love for those blue velvet sofas! $80???!!!! Very hard to resist that temptation. What if you bought it and if it didn't fit I am sure you could style it/photograph it better and sell it for more?!! signed The Enabler. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francine! Bite your tongue!!! (Actually, I had the same thought... ;)

      Delete
  2. OK....I'll tell you.....DON'T BUY them BUT .....$80 that's even less than $80 Aus. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha- I did the same thing yesterday. I spotted a turquoise chair from the 60's that was calling my name. I convinced her to sell it to me before the estate sale this weekend. I am up to my ass in chairs around here! It's an affliction.
    Have you caved in and set up delivery yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm forcing myself to give it until tomorrow. If they're still available, I'll consider it a sign that it's meant to be! PS: So glad I'm not the only one swimming in extra chairs! :)

      Delete
    2. So....???
      Are they yours?

      Delete
    3. Nope! I procrastinated until Sunday and they were gone. This is actually a good thing...I have NO space...but even so, I'm a little sad.

      Delete
  4. Do it! Emily says that if you can get it for a steal and you love the shape, then it's totally worth getting recovered. They are great looking! I'm excited to see what you end up doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I waited too long and they were gone...sad but probably for the best! ;)

      Delete
  5. Don't look to me for support. I would totally buy it, even if I had nowhere to put it. I love velvet sofas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, wow--yeah, you totally need that. DH and I had a gold velvet sectional when we got our first apartment. It was awesome. Blue velvet is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! You are insane if you didn't pull the trigger on this! Best find of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Sadly, I waited too long and they were gone. Which is probably for the best, since my living room currently looks more like a furniture storage bin than an actual living room. Still...they were lovely. SIGH.

      Delete
  8. I hope you bought these as they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! In the end I took the "wait and see" approach and they were gone. I'm sure I'll probably regret missing out! ;)

      Delete
  9. Even though I know you didn't get these I can still feel your angst. Hopefully they smelled really bad and that's why it wasn't meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really very helpful and informative post.It help us to full service offered for best & affordable office furnitures.
    Gold velvet sofa UK

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...