Sunday, April 28, 2013

Thrift Report

Hey friends! I just realized I missed a whole entire week of blogging last week. Things at work have been crrrrazy!  Hopefully this week will be a bit calmer. I had a nice, relaxing (albeit super rainy) weekend and actually had time to do a bit of thrifting - WOOT!

Here are a few things I picked up:


This decorative brass plate is super heavy. I love the ornate grape decoration around the edge, and it's hard to see, but there is a Chinoiserie design etched into the face of the plate.


I got to feed my animal figurine addiction, too, with this black Scottie dog planter!  It's quite old and heavy, and miraculously unchipped. So cute!



I love these old decanters with "necklaces." Kind of classic and, well...pimptastic. All at once.



Speaking of decanters, I like these old collectable Jim Beam bottle decanters, too. I have a couple in the shop now, but this one is my favorite of all. I love the pagoda-shaped milk glass stopper. They're not super valuable, but they're fun to collect.


A pretty set of Fostoria wine glassese in palest ice blue.



And my favorite of the week: a super glam set of two wall-mountable gold toned candle sconces. Very 70s.


That's about it for this week. I'm still try to be conservative in what I buy, but it felt good to finally go thrifting again!

Hope you all had a successful week full of awesome finds!

Linking with my friends at:

A Living Space
The Cottage Market
The Dedicated House




25 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at pimptastic. HAAAA!!!!!! I love decanters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the candle sconces! Beautiful. They remind me (shape wise) of Hanova of Pasadena designs. Love the sweet dog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled Hanova (was unfamiliar with that name) and you're right -- very similar shapes! These are 70s-era giftware by a company called Mascot, though -- not quite in the same league as Hanova, unfortunately. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the dog! I have a weakness for vintage animal figurines too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great finds but those candle sconces ans the Scottie dog are so wonderful.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. Those two are my faves as well! :)

      Delete
  5. new word learned: pimptastic! great finds heather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...not sure if I should be proud for teaching you that word or not... ;)

      Delete
  6. I will definitely find a way to use "pimptastic" soon! Love the brass tray and the hanging candle holders are too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely finds! I especially love those blue glasses, and the Gin bottle, how cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always amazed at your great finds. I love the Scottie dog - too sweet. And the blue glasses are stunning!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds lady! Pimptastic for sure! I do love those sconces!! Just bright and shiny and cool! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The decanter necklace is pretty awesome. I'd love it if you'd jump over and link up at my "Go Get Your Garage Sale On" Linky Party, and share some of your great finds! http://www.brightgreendoor.com/2013/05/go-get-your-garage-sale-on-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is WOW!!!! Everything is awesome but the scotty is just toooooooo cute! Thanks for sharing...always great to see you and your fabulous finds...hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. All beautiful scores, I especially love the Scotty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those sconces are spectacular! You find the best things! You will be one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House today. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely stuff :)


    www.vindiebaby.com
    Vintage Inspired Girls

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that scotty dog! It's dang near unbelievable to find a large ceramic item that hasn't been beaten to death at the thrifts. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pieces! Love the sconces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blue one with the white top on it. Ive got two just like it. What can you tell me about that

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...