Monday, April 8, 2013

Thrift Report: Spring Has Sprung!

Hello friends!  I'll be sharing some past finds with you this week, since once again I didn't do much thrifting this week (yay me!). Don't be in awe of my willpower or anything, though, because it has more to do with my crazy schedule and the fact that spring appears, at long last, to have arrived.  I've been super busy cleaning up the yard, spring cleaning the house, repainting the ugly living room. . .

So the thrifting has slowed waaaaay down the last few weeks, which is a good thing. I do, however, still have a couple of favorite recent finds to share!


Super-glam set of vintage barware with a [sort-of] Greek key pattern. Aren't they pretty?  They seem to be unsigned and I haven't been able to figure out a maker. Anyone know?



This hand-painted bone china tray from Japan caught my eye at a local Goodwill a long time ago, but it was way overpriced. (Shocking.)  For once my patience paid off, and I was able to snag it at the last 50% off sale.


And last but not least, two weeks ago I spotted a PS JONSBERG Vase by Hella Jongerius for IKEA at another Goodwill for $6.99!  These have been in production by IKEA since 2005, and I've always wanted one but never picked one up. (To be honest, they're priced in the $40 range and I usually have so much other stuff on my IKEA lists that it kept getting "bumped.") On my last visit to IKEA I noticed with dismay that they were sold out and are apparently being discontinued, so I thought I'd lost my chance...but Goodwill came through again!


The black one was always my least favorite of the three colors that were (until recently) still in production, but now that I've got it home, I kind of like it.


Hard to believe it survived the Goodwill stock room without a chip!


I'm getting attached, can you tell??  :)   I bought it with the intention of reselling it on eBay or something, but I may have to hang on to it for a while.   Now if it had been the pink version, there would be no question it would be staying with me forever! 

And those are my finds for this week.  Did you find anything cool this week?  Can wait to hear!

Linking up with:

The Nifty Thrifty at A Living Space
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Junkin' Joe at The Cottage Market
The Weekly Thrift at Young Heart Old Soul
Make it Pretty Monday
Moonshine Monday






37 comments:

  1. LOVE those glasses -- oh my! And I like your black vase -- it looks really good with your silver lamps and sculpture. Like it was made to live there!
    Thanks for stopping by today -- following you also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finds! Love them all!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sweet of you to comment, Christine. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I adore the vase. You must keep it. ;) Pink sounds like it would be amazing too! :) Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, the pink one...I can't even tell you how much I love it. Midmodmom has one, pictured in one of her recent posts. I was super envious when I spotted it! ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice finds, Heather! Especially love the Japanese china tray you scored at 50% off.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was a favorite of mine, too. :)

      Delete
  5. Great finds! Love those glasses and the black vase looks terrific in your home. For me, once I find a spot for something some how it takes a looooong time before it gets listed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, definitely! I conveniently "forget" about things all the time. ;)

      Delete
  6. Looks like a shopping trip well spent :) I really love that bone china tray - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I love it too! It's really different than what I usually find, but I couldn't resist it.

      Delete
  7. The glasses are fabulous! Your tablescape looks lovely. So glad you are well and that no one was hurt in the campus scare. Thanks so much for dropping by L'Heure Bleue At Home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them all and I couldn't help but notice the gorgeous stack of books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Meg....my book collection is SO out of control, but I do love them. ;)

      Delete
  9. It was meant to be!!! You totally scored! I love the vignette you have going there! I think it should be with you to stay! It looks perfect right where it is!!! Cheers to spring finally coming in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I think I'm going to have to keep it for a while, at least...and yes, this weather makes me so happy! We're supposed to hit 80 degrees today!

      Delete
  10. I love those vases, I have the pink one and it is sitting in my dining room accompanied by your lion, so three degrees of separation? I found mine at GW as well. I like the black one too, so graphic!
    I thought of you twice while thrifting this week when I saw a set of brass stacking lotus bowls a pair of brass obelisks (bookends?) I did not bring either one home (big and heavy!)
    I love those glasses, so luxurious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I remember your pink vase from the elephant post! I was jealous. ;) That one is by far my fave, but the black one is growing on me.

      Brass obelisks...wow!!! I imagine they were quite heavy, though. Bookends are always a nightmare to ship due to weight.

      Delete
  11. My gosh, I love getting peeks into your home. You are SO good at staging vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thanks! In reality, I can't show you any wide shots or shots of the whole room because it is in mid-renovation chaos -- half painted walls, unassembled bookshelves, etc. Photos are so wonderfully deceiving! ;)

      Delete
  12. Good Morning Heather, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it was very kind of you.
    I love visiting Charity Shops....it is amazing what can be found, as they say "one person's rubbish is another person's treasure".....and you have found some treasurers.
    I have enjoyed reading your blog and have become a new follower. Sending you best wishes from England.
    Enjoy your day,
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daphne, for your sweet comment! So glad you stopped by, and I love your blog!

      Delete
  13. Those glasses are fab. I've inherited a similar set in green from my grandparents. They were always the special glasses, and I can't remember anyone ever drinking out of them. Then again, my grandparents were quite conservative and didn't drink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how that generation always had "special" glasses and dishes that no one ever used. A few years ago, my grandmother gave me her prized set of Limoges china that I'd never ever SEEN, let alone eaten from!

      Delete
  14. What fabulous finds! Love those glasses, I bet they'll sell in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; let's hope so! Meanwhile, I was JUST drooling over the two Spanish Windows glasses in your shop this morning. Must. Not. Buy.... ;)

      Delete
  15. Awesome finds, the vase is so elegant and curvy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always and I do mean -always- find the best stuff. And you always make it look rich and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW...DOUBLE WOW...Triple WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need I say more? hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love the vase! You have displayed it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...