Monday, March 11, 2013

Thrift Report: More from 50% Day


Hello friends!

This is an unusual statement coming from me, but I did ZERO thrifting this past week!  I was super busy at work, and then the weekend was so a-maz-ing (hello, 60 degrees and sunny!) that I didn't feel like spending time shopping.

Luckily I still have plenty of stuff from the previous weekend's epic shopping at Goodwill's 50% off day to share!



It's kind of rare to find Dansk pieces here in Indiana, so I was excited when I was able to swoop this piece up for a dollar!  I had to hold this, along with a heavy serving tray, a book, a plate, and a trivet in my arms for an hour in line to check out, so every time I look at it, all I can think about is arm cramps. :)


Here's the aforementioned trivet:


This silverplated owl was super tarnished when I found it, but a little polish did the trick. I still always think of my grandmother, the owl collector, when I find a vintage owl piece.


Something else I rarely find in this area is Georges Briard, so I was pretty psyched to pick up these rocks glasses:


The black pinstripes with gold trim feels very 80s to me.


Westmoreland made these Niagara Falls plates from 1900 until the early 1950s. It's so intricate in person!



I honestly can't believe it survived the Goodwill shelves without a chip or crack...


I loooove Blue Willow...


So of course I had to pick up these Blue Willow mugs for 25 cents a piece. They're really large - a good size for soup. Luckily I found these in a store where I could actually get a cart so I didn't have to hold them in my hands in line!

Last, a couple of things I'm keeping for myself:


The floating frame has double glass panes so you can slide something between them. I think I'll paint it...any votes on a color?  The pineapple is so pretty and large in person!  The top comes off and I'm not sure what originally went inside it it or who made it. It's a newer piece (sports the infamous "made in China" sticker)...it looks like something from Homegoods to me, but who knows. I love the glossy navy resin exterior.

And that, folks, is what I picked up on 50% off day at Goodwill!  Did you find any bargains recently?

This week I'm participating in:

Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
The Nifty Thrifty at A Living Space
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Junkin' Joe at The Cottage Market
The Weekly Thrift at Young Heart Old Soul
The Joyful Thrifter
signature

30 comments:

  1. I love the Westmoreland plate. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I'd never seen one like it so I was pretty excited. :)

      Delete
  2. You were holding out on us! More great finds...love that frame - looks great as is, or gold or white would be awesome. Or maybe a bold pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the "bold pop of color" idea...maybe a kelly green? HMM!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Gina the Westmoreland plate is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I referred to my Designed & Signed book for you and your Georges Briard Glass pattern is called "Fusion" and they were produced in the 70s! I've had great luck selling GB glasses. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finds! The GB glassware is a good seller in my experience. The frame is beautiful and it would look great any color you choose to pain it. You deserve a prize for waiting an hour with all those finds in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Shopping the GW 50% sale is definitely an adventure and requires lots of patience. I really have to be in the mood. The poor guy in line in front of me got lightheaded from low blood sugar and almost fainted!

      Delete
  6. Seems like many of us took it easy thrifting this week! Maybe it's a bit of spring in the air or something. I love finding those Dansk decanters and Briard glasses as they are always a nice sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right; I saw a ton of blog posts today about people take breaks from thrifting. You must be right about the spring air! :)

      Delete
  7. I have that same Dansk carafe! In my stash (backlog). It's rare to find Dansk in my thrifts too...so I tend to hoard them for a bit!

    And the owl trivet is awesome! I have owl week going on in my shop and blog if you want to see more things to remind you of Grandma! How cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your owl post! LOVE IT! My grandmother's owl collection numbered in the hundreds, maybe thousands...it was insane.

      Delete
  8. That pineapple is crazy good! I don't care if it's vintage...you had me at navy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hy, your blog is very interesting, I love it. I like your style is fantastic. Kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  10. that pineapple is a gem! great finds and a joy to read!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather!!!! You totally scored!!! The owl is darn right fantastic and the mugs are awesome....like the idea of using them for soup! And the frame....hmmmm....gosh it looks great as is but if you are going to paint it turquoise, dark to bright pink and orange all jumped into my brain!! Guess I would have to see where you are putting it... Oh and I live in Chicago and I am super jealous that you guys hit 60 degrees!!! Luuuuucky!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't those Georges Briard glasses just awesome? I sold a set of them recently myself. Would have kept them but they were a bit too masculine for my decor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love the owl trivet! That is a cutie. You are a great thrifter. I am not. I am good at shopping clearance and that is about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Blue Willow has me absolutely swooning! I found some nice Blue Willow mugs in my local Lifeline he other day but they wanted $5 a pop for them and I wasn't even sure if they were vintage or not! Lucky you finding them at such a good price :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just finished The Falls by Joyce Carol Oates. A fantastic book, and the Niagara Falls Souvenir Platte sets me right back to this amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many cool pieces! those Blue Willow mugs are awesome! I love finding tarnished silver or silver plate and bringing it home to uncover a shiny treasure... (Hate long lines and arm cramps). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bright orange on that frame! I like that pineapple too!
    I have the owl trivet - from my very first Etsy trade! It was exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The navy pineapple is nate berkus from target. Just saw it there tonight. In white as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am not surprised...I love the whole Nate Berkus line but had never seen this particular piece.

      Delete
  19. I love the owl trivet.

    My arms ache just READING about standing and waiting! The things we do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the trivet and the pineapple! I have carried more than I could really handle many times so I know how you feel/felt! It's so glorious when you finally reach that counter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. As always my friend...YOU ROCK!!!! sharing today! : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...