Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thrift Report: A Few Finds



A little thrifted vintage from the last week or so...




A large "egg cup" vase from McCoy's Harmony line (early 60s). My absolute favorite of all the later McCoy patterns. I've been hoping to thrift the aqua version of this vase for years, but no luck.



This tray was a really special find. It's large, extremely heavy, and features both pineapples and a Greek key border. It was dark brown with mottled tarnish when I found it and I truly wasn't sure if I could bring it back, but it shined up beautifully. After two hours of scrubbing with Brasso and steel wool, that is. . .



A cool little organizer (for pens and office supplies, maybe?) in really thin plastic that looks like marble or onyx.



Lots of luck with the brass animals this week! You know there's nothing much I love more than a good addition to my brass zoo.


It was a pretty light thrifting week, but I still feel like I did okay!

Did you thrift anything great this week?  Let me know in the comments, or join up with one of these link parties!

Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
The Nifty Thrifty at A Living Space
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
The Weekly Thrift at Young Heart Old Soul
Junkin' Joe at The Cottage Market


signature

24 comments:

  1. SNAP! We both found something to put a boiled egg in!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That vase is gorgeous! I can only imagine how beautiful the aqua one is. Good job on the tray. Sometimes I feel like I spend most of my time cleaning other people's things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The aqua Harmony pieces make me swoon. Definitely on the thrifting "bucket list" for me!

      Delete
  3. Great finds Heather! I absolutely love anything with pineapples on it. You did a good job cleaning it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That orange vase is beautiful!!! I picked up some brass elephants this week for resale and thought of you! Excellent finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww,thanks for thinking of me when you spotted the elephants -- I think. ;)

      Delete
  5. The little brass owl is adorable!

    Yes, I left my favorite thrift EMPTY HANDED this last weekend! A first!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, CONGRATS!!! (That's a good thing, right? Or maybe not??)

      Delete
  6. Hi there! I found your lovely blog while visiting Little Foal :) What great finds! I espeically like the owl - too cute!

    I am your newest follower and I eagerler look forward to coming by again.

    Have a lovely day.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! Thanks for stopping by... I'll be checking out your blog shortly!

      Delete
  7. I cannot believe all the great brass stuff you find. Love the owl, of course, but it's all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joann. My brass finds are actually sporadic, but sometimes (like this week) I get really lucky. The owl is attached to a heavy brass ruler, which was kind of weird and kind of cool at the same time.

      Delete
  8. that horse! so majestic. so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving these finds!!! Oh My!!! I so want that brass owl!!! Completely awesome! Thanks for popping by my blog! I am looking forward to following along with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that brass tray! You found some lovely things! Visiting from Young Heart - Weekly Thrift. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely things my favorite was the egg cup vase.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. That vase is really special. I will probably list it on Etsy as it doesn't really match the colors of pottery I collect, but I'm definitely enjoying it for now!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...