Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thrift Report

Greetings, friends!  It's been downright arctic here in Indy since Christmas, so I haven't been making the thrifting rounds like I usually do. Between the snow, the ice, and the darkness descending at 4:30 p.m., I really just feel like curling up in the house with a cup of hot tea.

Lest you think I've gone into complete hibernation, however, I wanted to share a couple of finds from the last two weeks!


A fun pair of mid-century lamps, complete with original shades!  The shades are, miraculously, in almost perfect condition, too!  I love the little flecks of texture and the subtle gold trim of the shades. Best of all, they're really small -- about 12 inches tall. Perfect for a set of small nightstands, the ends of a buffet, etc. Lamps from this era can really be monsters, so I'm always excited to find little ones.


I've never seen an ice bucket quite like this one. The gold-toned metal stand has such a great 60s vibe, and I love the rattan-wrapped handle. The outside of the bucket itself is a bit scuffed...


...but the inside is pristine. It's marked "Pyrex."

Last but not least, I found the most fantastic, mint condition panther figurine. I've been coveting one of these for soooo long! I spotted one in an interior design magazine about 15 years ago, and have wanted one ever since. A visit to my uncle's house last year - he has two of them! - rekindled my interest. I was beyond thrilled to find this guy on the bottom shelf of a Goodwill store.


These panthers were made in several sizes, colors and formats. McCoy made them, but so did other manufacturers. Some were planters; some were lamps; and some were simply figurines. This one is huge - almost 20" long - and it's a regular figurine with no markings. I love the glossy black glaze! ROAWWWR!

{Now, I just need to find the perfect place in my house to display a 20" long 1960s panther....ha!}

I hope you're all keeping warm and finding lots of vintage treasures this week. I'm linking up with the following parties to check out my fellow bloggers' finds!

The Nifty Thrifty at A Living Space
Sunday's Best at My 1929 Charmer
Junkin' Joe at The Cottage Market
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants

  stillbeingmolly

...and a fun new link-up, Mid-Century Mondays at www.remnantpdx.com!

signature

25 comments:

  1. My uncle had one of those on his console t.v. (very chic !), when I was little. What a fabulous find, a real statement piece!
    Thanks so much for linking.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lamps were a terrific find. The smaller size makes them so versatile and they're a bit uncommon--my kind of thing. As for that panther, my grandmother had one on her television as far back as I can remember. When she passed and they auctioned her things, I asked my mom if she saved the panther for me. She hadn't. I guess that since she'd seen it around for decades and was tired of it, she couldn't imagine that anyone else would want it. Oh, well. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh great panther, the glaze makes me imagine a sleek shiny animal...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You find the most interesting things! I love the ice bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE the lamps Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those lamps are simply divine! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party that is going on now. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/01/make-it-pretty-monday-week-31.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Mid Century finds, Heather! Don't think I have ever seen one of the panthers in my thrifting rounds. Will keep my eyes open for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI there!!! I'm Hanna and I am your newest follower! Foudn your lovely blog on the Monday blog hop!! SO GLAD I DID!!! Happy New Year! Find me anytime at
    www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that panther! I would not know how and where to display it either, but I would definitely have it peer out from a corner somewhere. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog dear! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin and fb if you want...just let me know :3 <3
    MARC JACOBS GIVEAWAY!

    NEW OUTFIT POST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly! Thanks for stopping by! Off to check out your blog now...

      Delete
  11. You ROCK at this my friend! Your finds are simply AMAZING!!! Sending hugs and wishes for a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of great finds!! Don't you just love finding something unexpectedly that you've wanted for so long? Thanks for stopping by. I'm happy to be a new follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the LAMPS! Great fabulous FINDS! Have a wonderful and blessed week! Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  14. it gets dark so soon here too, but not as early as 4:30! i love your finds especially the lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those. Lamps. I die! And I loooove the ice bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heather, you have the most amazing eye for fabulous finds!!! Enjoy your panther!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The panther is gorgeous! Love the ice bucket and the lamps too! I know what you mean about these dark days! Nothing to do but drink tea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic vintage finds! Love the lamps and I would never have guessed the ice bucket was made by Pyrex! How cool.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice things! If you want go to my blog:)
    http://asunshineoffashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for joining me for Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House! Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for linking up. We love the ice bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Heather! Thanks for dropping by my blog, leaving a sweet note and becoming a follower...I've done the same for you. Love that panther lamp! My cat lamp is amazing, I love it. Your table lamps were pretty cool too. Are you doing you whole house in Mid Century? So far I've only done the living room. My sister is turning an entire rancher home into modern danish. Nice to meet you, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Heather! You will be one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see you again a the bash...as soon as I get the post live. lol. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the lamps. I'm a mid century lamp junkie and scoop up every one I come across. Needless to say, I have WAY too many lamps now...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...