Monday, October 1, 2012

Thrift Report: Quirky!

Happy Monday!

I'm so in love with this week's collection of thrifted vintage finds, yet when I assembled them all to be photographed, it occured to me that it's a really quirktastic mess of stuff. Colorful and a little kitschy, to say the least!

First up, this orange ball pitcher:


I'm not sure of the maker, but I love the reddish orange color. It looks like Fiesta's original red, but I I don't think it's a Fiesta shape. Could be Hall, Bauer, etc. -- clearly I need to research it.



I also found this cheery turquoise blue decanter. The glass is super delicate.



I love these vintage cocktail shakers, and I especially liked the bright colors and fruit motifs on this one, which is by Federal Glass.


A milk glass swung vase. These just scream 60s to me. This one has the look and feel of Fenton glass, but again, I need to research it more to verify.




I FREAKED OUT over this tray. It's so weird...it's in the style of a tradtional toll tray, but it has a Chinoiserie motif that is...wait for it...paint by number!!! Seriously...so much vintage goodness in one piece. I bought it as a local antique mall for a steal, and while I need to list it in the shop, every time I get it out I just stare it it, transfixed. :)


Next, I found this elegant lacquerware jewelry box.


It's by Otagiri Japan, from the "Sand Dollar" collection. Here's a shot of the cool graphic that adorns the top:




I  bought this piece thinking about the upcoming holidays. Isn't it cute? I'm sure it originally had peach lustre cups to match, but I think it would be cute with milk glass punch cups as well.


 
 
I was on my way out of a local Goodwill when I spotted these retro lamps out of the corner of my eye. I'll probably have them rewired, but otherwise they're in awesome condition.
 
 


This crock is charming in a shabby kind of way. It weighs about 10 lbs, so it would be perfect for holding kitchen utensils without tipping over. It looks like a Ransburg piece, doesn't it?



And finally, to round out the quirky finds, this white horsehead pen holder. I mean, have you ever??? It has some damage in the form of chips on its ears, so I put it back and walked away twice before I decided to bring it home with me. For $2, he'll find a new home glamming up my personal desk.


How did you do with your own thrifting this week, friends? Any finds, quirky or otherwise?


Linking up here:
Thrifty Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality
Thrifty Love at Cap Creations
The Cottage Market - Junkin Joe
Thriftosaurus Thrift Haul Linkup at Sir Thrift-a-Lot
signature

36 comments:

  1. I like all your finds (always do), but the blue decanter is divine! Also, I need to set up a proper photography station. I just love your white backgrounds against teak(?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yep, my backgrounds are just an old end table against white next to a window. I'm too lazy to vary them....ha. ;)

      Delete
  2. WELCOME!!!! Your finds are ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!!! Love them ALL!!!! thanks so much for hopping over to Junkin Joe!!! So great to have you partying with us! sending hugs...your newest followers : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...loved your party!

      Delete
  3. I love it all. Seriously. If I was really, really forced to pick, I would go with the orange pitcher...and the blue decanter...oh. The horse is awesome too.

    I DID do some thrifting this week, FINALLY, and found a few sweet things. Trouble is, I keep them all. I admire your ability to sell them.

    Oh, and off topic, I love your new profile pic. You look very pretty.

    Joann
    http://www.womaninreallife.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! And please note that I don't sell everything...not as much as a should, definitely. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow awesome. My favorite is the first one love the color!

    Mary,MI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. The color is definitely what initially caught my eye!

      Delete
  5. I think that is a Hall pitcher.You've got some great finds there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great finds! love that tray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. I'm glad someone else likes it...I'm kind of obsessed with it! ;)

      Delete
  7. Ohhhhh ball pitchers are irresistible! And those lamps!!!!!!!!! You found some goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danavee. I was totally excited about those lamps. Always a plus when you can find a matching pair, too!

      Delete
  8. that egg nog bowl makes me giddy! seriously. giddy.

    and the horse head... he is majestic. i am so happy he found a home with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissy...I agree! I just couldn't leave that horse behind, even with the chips.

      Delete
  9. Wow! Such great finds! The horse head pen holder is super cute and I love love love that jewelry box! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so in love with that ball pitcher! It has been on my want list forever but I just can't ever seem to find one that is reasonably priced.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erica. I don't find them very often! It will be hard to let this one go, for sure.

      Delete
  11. That tray is insane!!!!! I love paint by numbers and then mix it with an Asian theme...it just doesn't get much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I know, so crazy, isn't it?

      Delete
  12. That tole tray is marvelous! And I LOVE the Egg Nog bowl - I picture it piled high with Christmas balls or holiday cards, or even a strand of twinkle lights all wadded up and plugged in (cord hidden in back). Lamps are pretty easy to rewire yourself and you can get kits for under $10 at the hardware store. The crock would also make a pretty vase. You had a great week/weekend!!!
    teresa - chasingyesteryear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. great finds there are more than a few peices i love and would totally have grab too

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some great finds my favorites are the blue decanter and the lamps.
    Can't wait to visit again.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. I'm pretty sure that ball pitcher is Hall pottery! That tray is awesome for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice selection of quirky finds!
    I love the floral pitcher the most. It looks like a quality piece and i love the aged hand-painted daisies. Its shape reminds me of hungarian folk pottery.

    Aniko via Apron Thrift Girl's linkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aniko. That is SO TRUE! I lived with a Hungarian family for a while in high school and it totally reminds me of some of their pieces! Funny that you would say that!

      Delete
  17. You really scored! I love the jewelry box, will you be listing that for sale as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily. Thanks for stopping by! I will be listing it...hopefully this week! ;)

      Delete
  18. What awesome finds once again, you are such an inspiration to me! :) I'm gonna feature you later today but hum... the orange pitcher or the lamps... both so cool! Thanks for sharing at Cap Creations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...