Monday, October 29, 2012

Thrift Report: Just a Few Things


I didn't do much thrifting this week; just picked up a couple things on the way to other places. (I can't resist a thrift store -- especially an "unknown" one -- when I come across one!)  Here's what I picked up:

This serving tray is made from some kind of heavy plastic. It's hard to decipher the colors from this photo, but the background is a brownish black, and the streaks are tones of gold, metallic green, and brown. It's marked on the back with a sticker indicating it was made in Japan for Woolworth's, NYC. Circa 50s or 60s, I would say.
 
 
 
 
This is just a fun little solid brass trinket dish. It needs to be cleaned up a bit, but I thought it was pretty. It's also the perfect size for a wine coaster.
 
 



  
I've been looking for a set of these dishes forever! They are by Belmar of California. I love the aqua color--so retro. Found these in a Salvation Army next to the Christmas decorations--hmm.
 
 


This brass pedestal dish (soap dish?) is deceiving...it weighs about six pounds!  I've been diligently scrubbing decades of tarnish and oxidation from it for days, and still have a way to go, but I think it's charming.



 
 
Finally, a little lucite fix!  This trio of brass candlesticks with lucite columns were in great shape. It's hard to tell in the photo, but the lucite has an etched leaf design.
 
 
 
And there you have my few finds for this week!  I hope you all have a spectacular week of thrifting;  I'll be thinking about those of you in the path of Sandy this week!
 
 
I'm sharing my finds at these fun parties...check them out!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
signature

9 comments:

  1. Love those candlesticks! You did good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tray is crazy awesome! I love pretty much anything in that aqua color, and those dishes are especially cute.
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...did I say WOW!!!!! awesome finds! I mean AWESOME!!!! My fav are those fabulous awesome dishes! LOVE THEM!!!! Sending hugs and have a great one! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tray is oh so cool! And the dishes are lovely too! Thank you for sharing at Cap creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tray is just wonderful! I really like the lucite candleholders too. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little blue bowls are so cute and i think id have brought them home with me too!
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that tray is amazing...and what a great photo you took!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tray is beautiful. Love the gold theme running through your post. More awesome finds, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything that you find and would love to go thrifting with you one day. I always come home with just lamps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...