Monday, October 22, 2012

Thrift Report: I Don't Know How This Happened...

My original thoughts on the weekend:  "I have so much inventory for the shop that I have yet to list. I have so many to-be-made-over things that I've thrifted for myself. It's supposed to be cold and rainy. I'll stay home, work on projects, listen to music, get lots accomplished...."

What actually went down:  "I do need to to take a package to the post office. Might as well swing by that cute junk store in Carmel [suburb north of the city...nowhere near the post office] since they're only open Saturdays."  Cut to two hours later, as the shop owner has to help me carry the boxes of stuff I purchased to my car. 

***SIGH***

Here are just a couple of the purchases that I've managed to clean up and photograph so far:



A set of Iittala Ultima Thule candlesticks....


Four perfect peach lustre cups to go with the egg nog bowl from a few weeks ago...


Eight Culver rocks glasses with gold bands and a faux-tortoise treatment...


This art deco looking jeweled snake letter holder. I seriously love this piece.



Remember my bookend collection?  Yep...added these guys to it. They're onyx (I think) and alabaster (I think). I'm not good at identifying natural stone - obviously.


A set of four etched pump decanters with chrome tops and a lucite caddy tray...


And finally, a glam raised brass dish with a brass and lucite "crystal" base.

There you have it. The product of my little "detour" from the post office. Okay - part of the product. The rest is still in boxes in my trunk.  :)

I hope you all had lots of thrifting luck this week!  I can't wait to see.

Linking up here:

Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Thrifty Love at Cap Creations
Junkin' Joe at Cottage Market
The Nifty Thrifty at A Living Space

signature

20 comments:

  1. Detours are AWESOME! You made quite the haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you made the right choice! Fabulous finds all around. I always prefer thrifting to what I really "should" do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ask me, this was the right decision to make. Fab finds. I love the iittala candle holders so much! I have yet to find any Ultima Thule in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Seriously luxe pieces all! That letter holder is making me salivate....

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like the thrift faeries were working in your favour! great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always end up doing the same thing... just can't resist thrifting even when we already have way too much stuff! That snake letter holder is really something, and I'm not usually into glass as much, but I love those Ultima Thule candle holders. Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply FABULOUS FINDS!!! WOW!!!! A magical trip and thanks for sharing with us all!!!! sending tons of hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my that would never happen to me. :) I don't have "that much" stuff, spending all day Saturday at an auction sale, oh I had plenty of time. The 2 Edge loads of items will someone clean and photograph themselves.
    My sympathies for you but mostly my excitement for all the awesome finds.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha ha - that's so me! Yup - overloaded with stock and still grabbing goodies on the post office run!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think the letter holder is my favorite.

    And I think we can all relate to the 'detours'!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot believe the things that you find! Great job! I love the snake letter holder. And everything else. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooooo.....you know what I'm going to say.....I LOVE the bookends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so jealous right now!!! In a good way but still... - You always find the best stuff and I'm not just saying that to be nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love all your stuff, especially the snake letter holder! That is an amazing piece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Horse Head Bookends and Brass Bowl on lucite stand... lovely! Sounds like we both have a serious addiction to junking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great finds. Good luck unloading the rest from your car. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That snake is amazing and insane!!!!!! I have never seen anything like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...