Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thrift Report: Back At It!

I've been enjoying a really mellow, relaxing weekend ~ exactly what I needed!  The weather has been storybook perfect...cool, crisp, and sunny. Perfect for a little thrifting!

I picked up a few little gems I wanted to share today...


I broke my "no ashtrays" rule for this little guy. How could I resist the glowy brass and nautical vibe? It's sooo heavy--the perfect paperweight. Or dish to hold spare change and jewelry. Love at first sight.


I'm kind of obsessed with ginger jars right now, and I N-E-V-E-R find them with their lids. I picked up this pair at two different Goodwills about a mile apart. They're old -- heavily crazed -- but  no chips or cracks (miracle). I had to pay separately for one of the lids (oh GW...*sigh*) but it was worth it.



One of my favorite little junk shops had a ton of pretty silverplate at GREAT prices this week. I snapped up this elegant pitcher [I love the feet!]...


...two enormous Revere bowls (three, actually, but I only snapped two for the photo!)....


...and finally, this lovely coffee service. I especially love the pinecone finial on the lid!  Looks like I'll be spending some quality time with the ol' silver polish this week.

Last up, I found this pretty opaque black glass serving set.


This is actually black amethyst glass -- it has a luminescent purple tone when you hold it up to light -- and I believe it's the Mt. Pleasant/Double Shield pattern by LE Smith. Isn't it perfect for Halloween? I'd like to serve something scary, like green jello "brains" in it. :)

I actually found several other great things while I was out and about this weekend, but I haven't had time to photograph it all yet, so I'll share the rest later. Wishing you all a lovely week!

xoxo


Linking with:
Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality
Thrifty Love at Cap Creations
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm


26 comments:

  1. i am so happy to hear i am not the only one who repurposes beautiful old ashtrays as catch-all dishes and basically "art" on tables. vintage pieces were always so beautifully designed, no matter what the intended use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Chrissy! And so many ashtrays seem to have been designed more like art pieces than just utilitarian ashtrays. I have quite a few masquerading as catch-alls in my house.

      Delete
  2. Oh lordy, I thought the ashtray was the bomb, but then you dropped the amethyst glass down and BOOM!

    ~Trudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...you make me laugh, Trudy. Thanks!!! ;)

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't think I would buy an ashtray either, but that's a great one, and I like your ideas for using it. I have a silver pitcher like yours. My mom gave it to me. It's so pretty, I feel I should use it. But I never do. I enjoyed seeing your finds, as usual...great stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your thrift treasure are beautiful, I love your silver pieces especial the pitcher.
    Thanks for the visit to my blog, it is appreciated. Happy polishing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG so much shiny finds! Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that black amethyst glass...bw still my heart. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. I love it too - especially this time of year.

      Delete
  7. I agree - the black glass is wonderful. But I do like those Revere bowls. I recently came across two of them - a medium one and a tiny one. I gave them to my sister, because I just thought they would look nice in her 1888 home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, they sound like a perfect fit for the era of your sister's house!

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed your finds. I love the silver plate and the amethyst glass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your style Heather! Great finds, but I am partial to the ginger jars. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your style too! I was drooling over your house tour as I caught up on my blog-surfing over the weekend.

      Delete
  10. I have never seen anything like that ashtray! So cool. You have such a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. I am [obviously] partial to brass!

      Delete
  11. Great finds as usual. Also, I wish I could hire you as my photographer - I think you could take a picture of a fertilizer bag, and it would look like a must-have item.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL -- thank you! You'd be shocked at the ancient, low-tech camera I use.

      Delete
  12. I love how you found the ginger jars in different shops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...weird, right? Although our Goodwills are notorious for breaking up sets. They probably originated in the same place!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...