Thursday, September 20, 2012

Eventful

Hello, friends.

Apologies for the radio silence; it's been a busy month!  September has been a roller coaster of emotions for me.

First and foremost, I was away in the Pacific Northwest for nine days to attend the amazing wedding of my little brother. It was truly one of the loveliest weddings I've had the privilege to witness...lots more on that later, but here's a sneak peek:



I also celebrated a "significant" (ahem...) birthday, though I'm happy to report it was less painful than I thought it might be...partly thanks to the blissfully perfect cake.  :)

{The gory aftermath...}

Sadly, my family lost our beloved bullie girl Gracie last week, very unexpectedly, which definitely threw me for a loop after the high of my Washington trip.


She was sweet as sugar and loved everyone...never complained...and snored like a freight train. I'll miss her so much!


I figure I'm due for a nice, calm stretch after the highs and lows of this past month. Fall is one of my favorite times of year, and we're enjoying a perfect, crisp and sunny stretch here in Indy right now. I'm ready to settle in and relax for a bit. How about you? Are you enjoying fall where you live?

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I do enjoy fall, always a favourite. I'm forty today, it's...interesting. I feel grown up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday! I feel the same. ;)

      Delete
  2. so sorry for your loss... but i just have to say that i am craving for that cake right now... enjoy the rest of your September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...and yes, it was an amazing cake. I crave it just looking at the photo. :)

      Delete
  3. Heather, I love your blog. You have a great eye for things and great luck with thrifting; you have the magic touch or great timing; I swear, every time I go to Goodwill I just know that the most amazing thing was just purchased by the person leaving before me. Do you ever go around and look to see what is in other people's carts because you just know they got to the most amazing thing right before you did?? ugh; it can be sometimes more frustrating to me than fun.

    anyway...when I read about your beloved girl Gracie passing I just wanted you to know how sorry I am. I love my animals as if they were my children and in a way I guess they kind of are. I know you will have so many memories of her and I try to think about it like this; she had a great life with you and you loved her so much and for her time here on earth what better thing could that be? right?

    take care....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet comment...thank you. They are indeed like children; it's a difficult loss but I'm thankful for the time we had with her. xoxo

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...