Monday, August 20, 2012

Thrift Report

Just a few thrifted finds to showcase today, as I'm just starting to get back into the swing of things following several extremely hectic weeks! 

First, this antique brass candelabrum featuring a small child (a cherub, I think):


I think it's just beautiful...very heavy and classic. It has been suggested to me, however, that the little cherub child might be...ummmm...creepy. Thoughts?

I also picked up this fab set of modern smoked crystal wine glasses:


...along with a matching set of champagne coupes:



 I sold another set of the champagne coupes in my shop a while back, and it was painful to see them go, I loved them so much. Maybe finding them was a sign that I'm destined to own a set?


This brass bowl was a find from a few weeks ago; I just adore its scalloped edge!



And finally, on the kitschier end of the spectrum, check out these tropical highball glasses:


Wouldn't they be fantastic for a pool party?


I hope you all had a successful week of thrifting!  I can't wait to check out everyone else's fabulous finds at the following parties:

Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Thrifty Love at Cap Creations

18 comments:

  1. I don't find it to be creepy!

    I love that beautiful scallop-edged bowl too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gina. I love the bowl too!

      Delete
  2. Those palm tree glasses are just fantastic! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dying to have a tropical party or something and use them.... :)

      Delete
  3. I think the candelabrum is lovely! I don't find it creepy at all. In fact, I think it has very Art Nouveau feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my thinking, too, until something told me it looked creepy. Now I'm kind of fixation on the "creepy factor." LOL.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful stuff once again, Heather. Love the candle holder, even though, yes, the child is a bit creepy now that you mention it. :) The smoked crystal glasses are beautiful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I didn't show a closeup of the cherub/child...he has no mouth. Which multiplies the creepiness factor exponentially! Ha. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful finds. I love the brass bowl, it reminds me of a king's crown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true...very much like a crown!

      Delete
  6. Those pool party cups...might be the most beautiful thrift finds I've ever seen. The clouds in white are the perfect touch. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks, Van! I love them too. :)

      Delete
  7. Love everything that you find..my fave is the brass bowl. Keep doing what you do best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...