Sunday, August 12, 2012

Thrift Report: Bully Love

I'm still in the midst of my big summer program at work, so I didn't do much thrifting at ALL last week...just a quick stop at a vintage store looking for something specific. And then it happened. . .

Let me back up. It's no secret that I love bulldogs. They're furry, mushy balls of love, as far as I'm concerned.

I've known a few in my life...




The love of my life, Gus, is like a mullet....you know: "business in the front; party in the back." He's beagle in the front, bulldog in the back. Bulldog body and beagle head. The biggest character I've ever met...100% bulldog in his affectionate nature and stubborness.

He's also, like most bulldogs, an expert sleeper. But I digress...

I stopped by this vintage shop looking for something I needed, and what did I spy?  This guy:



He's huge...about the size of a big watermelon. I just love him! He's dirty and his glaze is worn here and there, but he was a great price and I just couldn't resist. He'll probably end up in the shop, since -- I admit -- I have plenty of bulldog "stuff" already. Vintage bulldogs can be hard to find, though, probably due to the breed's perennial popularity, so I was just thrilled with this find.

I hope you're all enjoying these last weeks of summer. My work life will return to normal after this week, and I'll be back then with lots more vintage!

xoxo


Linked up here:

Thrifty Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality
Sunday's Best at My 1929 Charmer

17 comments:

  1. Gus is a cutie :) and that figurine looks just like him :) enjoy ur week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bullies are the best!!! And Gus is special:)
    XXXOOO
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Special" is a good word for him. Look at the position of his toes! LOL

      Delete
  3. Wonderful little faces, all of them! I would have snapped that up too I think. My Jolene is part beagle and something else...they say Brittany Spaniel maybe. She looks like a small pointer. She certainly has the voice of a beagle. We have turned a few heads in the street. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely identify. Gus absolutely loves the sound of his own voice. He's been known to bring people out of their houses in alarm when he starts bark/shriek/honking on walks! That's definitely his beagle side. Bulldogs are usually quiet--it takes too much effort to bark. ;) Jolene sounds adorable!

      Delete
  4. Ohmygosh! I love it! He is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dog so much! Great find and perfect pet. Kiss his belly for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gus looks like a real ham, loving attention, and he really looks like he has a lot of character. I love your find, he's cute but anywhere near as much as Gus! Really great looking dog! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Ham" is a good way to describe him, Cathy. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. funny how they capture your eye and then your heart! i have a similar sized bowling monkey that i have no use for except that he makes me smile. so i brought him home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! For me, it's Beagles. If it's Beagle related, I can't part with it. If it's vintage, even better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bulldog, Heather. Nice find! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...