Monday, July 9, 2012

Thrift Report

Just a quick post today!  I've been on vacation for the last week, and am now frantically playing the "catch up" game at work. Still, I wanted to show you a few fun things I picked up last week...


The last time I listed a set of these numbered rocks glasses on Etsy, they sold in less than 15 minutes. Hmm...fluke?  We'll see!  (And yes...I hunted high and low for numbers 1, 2, and 3, but no luck.)


A pretty cobalt blue Pyrex bowl. I love the ones with the clear glass bottoms.


A heavy brass pine cone paperweight. I may wait until the holiday season to list this, but I couldn't pass it up at just $1!


Not one, but THREE ivory McCoy flower pots with a bamboo shape. These have all the elements I love...McCoy pottery, ivory glaze, and bamboo. What could be better? They are smallish--perfectly sized to grow herbs on a windowsill. They came from three different places over the last month, and there are subtle variations in glaze color that are hard to see in the photo.


A mid-century footed pottery vase in gray with a pink interior. I know this piece...have seen it before, and knew the maker at one time...but for the life of me I can't remember!  It's marked only "410" on the bottom. It's driving me a little bit crazy now. Anyone know?



And speaking of pottery...I am in love with this cute little vase/vessel from Tenmoku Pottery. The detail,the organic feel, and the glaze are all amazing.

That's it for this week's finds! Actually, I picked up a BUNCH of things while I was on my vacation...a "staycation," really...but I haven't photographed everything yet. Hopefully I'll get to show you all of those finds soon!


xoxo

Linking up with:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality
Thrifty Love at Cap Creations
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm




18 comments:

  1. Lotta stuff this week! The McCoy vases are really lovely, I bet those will sell quickly. I have a little collection of white vintage pottery they'd fit right in with...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! I know...I have a white pottery collection, too. A collection that keeps growing, and growing... ;)

      Delete
  2. cool stuff. Linking up from thrifty love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! The numbered glasses are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE them all, especially the pinecone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was just checking out all the great stuff you found this week on your blog...

      Delete
  5. Wonderful stuff! The number glasses ARE cool! Love the pottery too! Can't wait to see your other finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the number glasses, too! They're weird but cool. ;)

      Delete
  6. Those glasses are really cool, but my heart belongs to the pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pyrex just has a certain charm, doesn't it?

      Delete
  7. Love those McCoy planters!!!!!!!! AHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm such a sucker for McCoy anything. I keep repeating "must sell them....must sell them....must sell them" like a mantra. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh wow lots of great treasures as usual! Great job girl. thanks for linking up at cap creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh! That Tenmoku pottery piece is absolutely fabulous! I can understand how those numbers glasses would sell so quickly. They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great finds! Love them! Especially the glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...