Monday, June 18, 2012

Thrift Report: Nautique

I've noticed that some of my vintage finds over the last several weeks have a kind of nautical feel, which I love for summer. You know - to decorate my little beachfront vacation cottage. {Okay, maybe not. But a girl can dream, right?}


A cute little Georges Briard ice bucket in a shiny navy vinyl with white handles and gold toned hardware.



A 1960s-era Syroco wallhanging of a sailing vessel.


Another set of pretty blue goblets ~ perfect for a glass of wine on the porch in the evening! (Overlooking the crashing waves, of course. ;)



A coastal scene paint-by-number.


A pair of brass sailboats:



This second one is actually a brass wall plaque, with a ring on the back. I can totally see it hanging above the door of a beach or lake house!



And I've shown you this throw blanket before, but wouldn't it look amazing with all of the above?  I'm definitely having a navy and white moment -- so crisp and summery!


That's all from here. I hope everyone has a lovely, warm, productive summer week!


xoxo


Linking up with:

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality
Thrifty Love at Cap Creations

18 comments:

  1. I love those blue glasses...so cool and pretty! Goes well with the nautical theme...yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue finds are all fantastic - so fresh and coastal feeling. I have been drawn to brass things lately so I love the sailboats. And I always have a soft spot for PBN! Actually, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The PBN has a little damage, so I'm not sure what I'll do with it. But I had to rescue it from the yard sale where it was lying in the grass.

      Delete
  3. I love all of your nautical themed items. You have found things that I would never see in my area. Being in the middle of America, one rarely sees anything nautical. Love those gobblets. A glass of wine in them right now would be oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pretty land-locked here, too (Indiana). It was weird that I found all of this nautical stuff in a short period of time, because I don't find it often.

      Delete
  4. Love all the brass! I have a hard time leaving anything brass behind when I find it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Such a weakness for me.

      Delete
  5. lovely finds! but i love your coral most of all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha...thanks! Also a thrifted find, from about six months ago. "Borrowed" from my living room for the photo. ;)

      Delete
  6. Great finds, Heather! I too love nautical theme for summer. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a ship like that... I got mine in the 70s. Love the blue goblets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue goblets are gorgeous! I love that throw too - wonderful finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading your post makes me feel cool and refreshed. Thank you so much for your kind words and for dropping by L'Heure Bleue At Home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your nautical theme. All of these items are amazing. I could see sitting out on that blanket enjoying some wine in one of the goblets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE nautical finds! Now I know what my lovely gold sailing boat is called :) Lovely treasures you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dream away girl cause I'll be dreaming too! Love your beachy finds! thanks for joining us at cap creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post. It inspired me to start wearing a blue and white stripe jumper I haven't worn in years so thank you! P.s Have nominated you for the Liebster Award over at my blog http://agirliknow.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...