Monday, June 11, 2012

Thrift Report: Fun Finds

Just a few fun, random thrifted finds to report this week!



 I love this cheery little brass key hook for a mud room, beach cottage, etc.


A cute little acrylic memo/receipt holder with some retro typography.


A "bulletin ball" pen/pencil holder, probably from the late 60s/early 70s. Remember these?



A pretty, vintage modern hand-blown glass vase. It's more of a navy color in person...I am tempted to keep this piece!



An atomic-era gold-toned fruit basket. I love the balls on the ends of the handle and feet.


And finally, a cute little set of three white ceramic elephants, because you know how I love a good elephant. These came out of an estate and they were one of those finds that were covered in so much grim I couldn't even tell what color they were. Just look at them now!


There you have it...my quirky collection of finds from last week. Wishing you all great thrifting luck this week!


xoxo


Linking up today with these great blogs:

Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality
Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures

32 comments:

  1. Nice finds, I love the gold fruit basket, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glass vase is beautiful. I have started my own collection on my mantle, it looks great! I like the smalls for the office too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do a post on your collection sometime; I'm sure it's beautiful. I need to learn more about old glass. This piece definitely called out to me!

      Delete
  3. So much good stuff! I am especially fond of that whale key hook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love glass so love the vase but I really like that fruit basket too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, it's all so great! Love the whale and the vase especially! Great finds.
    ~Trudy http://thriftscore42.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything's great. The whale is AWESOME! Love the fruit basket too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were just little finds, but I thought they were fun. :)

      Delete
  7. Great eye. I love the acrylic piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather,
    I am so on for vintage office supplies and desk accoutrements, so I LOVE the cork pen & pencil holder...and I LOVE the name of your blog! Thanks for stopping by over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks! He's currently hanging out in my kitchen...not sure if I can let him go. ;)

      Delete
  10. I love all of your finds! They are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds, as usual. So fun to read every week! I'm thinking of becoming an Etsy seller, selling from the middle of away-from-it-all. But maybe I could give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go for it! It's a pretty low-risk start up, and tons of fun!

      Delete
  12. You found some great stuff this week!! I especially am loving that fruit basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too! I've never seen one quite like it.

      Delete
  13. Wow, I am in love with the whale!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's the whale key hook - love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. It was a fun little find!

      Delete
  15. i love love love the misc misc misc thinger. i am a sucker for all things vintage/retro typographic, tho. the whale is super awesome and the white elephants are divine! (it would be TOTALLY funny to give one of these at your next white elephant gift exchange...only the very best would see the great amusement in it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Leah...I love typo stuff. I am cracking up at your white elephant gift idea!

      Delete
  16. I LOVE the acrylic holder! And the whale hook is fun! Great finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. All beautiful finds, I especially love the whale hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful thrift finds! I love the whale :) The yard sale I went on stretched across Kentucky.....and it was wonderful!

    blessings,
    karianne

    PS Your photography is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...