Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thrift Report: Heavy Metals

I found a lot of metallics during my thrifting forays this week...


A pristine set of gold-glazed ceramic candlesticks by Holley Ross. This style, with the drippy,uneven 24 carat glaze, was made by several manufacturers. Despite my love of all things glam and Hollywood Regency, I've always been on the fence about this style of ceramics. And yet..I can see these looking fabulous in the right room, so I snapped them up. I also found a small, square vase with this glaze that I haven't photographed yet.


These silver-banded tumblers with a fancy crest design look virtually unused. Probably ca. 1960s. Yard sale find!



It's hard to see in the photo, but these gold-rimmed dessert cups have an intricate, scrolled design in the border. Wouldn't they be an elegant way to serve sorbet to dinner guests? Not that I'm a big dinner party thrower, but still... :)



This big old silver-band compote in the classic King's Crown pattern makes my heart flutter. I've never seen one in silver before.



This hammered brass lamp was one of my favorite finds this week. The uneven, hammered finish makes me feel all "Studio 54" (in a good way), and what you can't tell from the photo is how small it is. It's only about 12 inches tall...an accent lamp size...which makes it so versatile!



And finally, a great set of silver ombre barware. I am such a fan of heavy ombre pieces...as far as "Mad Men"-era glassware goes, I think I love it even more than straight-up silver band, which is saying a lot. I had to track these down in several local Goodwills, but I managed to assemble a full set.

Sorry I'm so late getting this posted!  Sending you all successful thrifting vibes on your hunt for vintage treasures this week.

xoxo


Linking up here:
Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality  (thanks to the amazing Rhoda for featuring my sugar and creamer set from last week!)
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

14 comments:

  1. I think you SHOULD have a dinner party just to show off some of these great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream of having dinner parties too - dream being the key word!

    You find such lovely things - the little lamp is wonderful and so are the dessert coupe glasses.

    I have 2 sets of those silver crest glasses: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14936681@N07/5654985106/in/photostream/ The maker is Kimiko - I think if you look closely you can see the mark blended in with the design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, Jane! That's so helpful. Of course, now that I see the mark on your set, I see it on mine. I missed it completely the first time around!

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome! I noticed your set is nice and shiny - the one I have in the picture is pretty dull - if I sell it, the buyer can decide what to do with it. The other set is very bright - probably never used!

      Delete
  3. I have only seen the Kings Crown in ruby so this silver one really caught my eye! Terrific find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Jeanne. I've seen clear, ruby, and a kind of all-over irridescent, but never silver. I was excited!

      Delete
  4. oohhh the silver banded tumblers are calling my name :) you have such lovely finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the candle sticks they would't usually be my style but they have such style. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stella. I hope you're on the mend now!

      Delete
  6. olympic park cycles in london
    Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world.God Bless You..
    london olympic bicycle company

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...