Sunday, April 15, 2012

Thrift Report: Animal Magnetism

Hello friends!  Today, I'm showcasing some thrifted finds from the last few months with an animal theme...



A pair of ceramic elephant candlesticks, made in Japan, ca. 1960s. Don't you love the colors?



Bronze-toned horse head mounted on a marble base. I think he's rather stately...




A charming little white ceramic giraffe planter. Perfect for a nursery.


Ever since I spotted this photo over at Pink Wallpaper, I've been a smidge obsessed with finding those brass unicorn bookends...



...and I finally found them! 



They are utterly ENORMOUS and weigh close to 11 lbs. Each.



I've sold these speckled peacocks from California Originals Pottery before in my shop, but I'm always excited to find them. So elegant.


That's it for this week! I hope everyone found lots of treasures of their own.




The End. :)





Linking with:

Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
Thrifty Love at Cap Creations
SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb

13 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your posts and your great finds! This week your "The End" made me laugh. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the colors of the elephant candlesticks! The peacock and giraffe planter are also special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,I love your animals!! The elephants are such a pretty color, I'm loving blues & greens these days. Nice finds, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute elephants! great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your animal parade :) Very nice elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a great eye...and "The End" made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so wonderful! Truly. And your photos are lovely. Love the fact that you chose an animal theme. These finds will truly add some style and life to an abode! Joann

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The End" lol! I do love the colors on the candle sticks, very pretty. And I think it is so cool that you found something you saw in a photo and had been on the look out since! That's awesome! Thank you for linking at Cap Creations. Have a great thrifting week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am drawn to animals when I thrift, yesterday found a cool Made in Japan fish salt shaker for a shelf in my bathroom. I have quite the menagerie myself, great theme, butt try to keep this clean, family orientated. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all! Especially the unicorn bookends - takes me back to my youth when I was TOTALLY obsessed with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather, I swear I look at your finds and drool with envy (a good kind of envious drool). Everything you found is beyond amazing! Congrats on finding the bookends! Btw, I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger award, come by and check it out when you have time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i totally see your love for animals here :) they are all lovely but i think i am now officially in love with your unicorns :) i cant get them out of my mind :) thanks for your nice comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The unicorns are a great statement pieceI can see why you love them. And that all things could have as great an ending as yours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...