Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thrift Report

Once in a while, when I've checking out at a thrift shop, I'll notice that the things I'm buying look good together--like a pretty vignette. Usually, I'm buying a mish-mash of things, but on those occasions when I notice that my purchases complement one another, it makes me inordinately happy, as if my world is in order or something. I only picked up a few things this week, but it all looked kind of, well....cute together on the checkout counter. Here it all is after I hauled it home:




Everything here was from one stop, and the total bill was under $20.  Not bad!

The magnolia leaf wreath and the laquered zebra print tray are for me. The tray is originally from Home Goods (sticker still attached) and it may end up in my living room. The wreath is a bit "smooshed" but I think I can revive it.

I was thrilled to find these two MINT condition Fenton hobnail candlesticks. They're not my style, exactly, so they're headed right to the shop.



I never pass up a set of these Mad Men style coasters when I see them!


I loved the art deco styling of the handle of this pewter pitcher:



The find I love the most is the set of two vintage Parisian watercolors. They're the kind of thing you can buy on the street there for the equivalent of a few dollars, and these probably date to the 50s or 60s. I bought them to sell, but I love them and think I'll keep them instead. Paris is special to me for many reasons, and these little souvenirs or someone's trip are just lovely in a retro kind of way.





Overall, I was pleased with my thrifted purchases this week, and it was fun to find some things for myself, rather than just for the shop.

Wishing everyone a great week!

xoxo

Linking up here:

...Sunday's Best Linky Party!



Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl

Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 comments:

  1. wOw! You found some awesome things! It's so much fun to lay out all your goodies after thrifting, isn't it?! I love it! I'm your newest follower. Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com any time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am loving your finds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parisian watercolours have such a wonderful "look" to them. Just looking at them makes me feel like I'm strolling along the Seine and perusing the art stands. Thanks so much for stopping by L'Heure Bleue At Home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, they do look great together! fantastic finds! esp the paris watercolors and pitcher! aw heck, i love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those coasters too... and your bench even though it probably wasn't thrifted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually WAS! Well...not thrifted exactly, but junk-shopped. :) I've had it so long I had to think about where I got it!

      Delete
  6. I am drooling over all of your friends! Good eye, Heather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds you had this week. I too love the Parisian prints!
    Cheers ~ Lara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great thrift finds! I just checked out your shop and you have some wonderful things!
    xo
    annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annie. LOVE your blog as well!

      Delete
  9. What a shopper! I would be thrilled with just one of these purchases. You scored! And they do look great together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow the candle sticks are great! I've never found Fenton in a thrift shop. Lucky you! Thanks for linking up at cap creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did find some awesome finds. love the hobnail candle holders, and the two Parisian watercolors, so very pretty. Wow 20 bucks that's some serious deals. It was your day. Nice to forget the shop for a while and shop for yourself, that's what I'm doing tomorrow! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heather,
    wow, you got some cool things! I'm lovin those coasters and the pitcher! It's got a great shape! The prints are very cool, I got a sweet little print of a farmhouse that I forgot to show! Everything looks fabulous together, when that happens, isn't the best! I'm your newest follower and would love if you were mine! Will be back often!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! The watercolors are cool, and look great with your wall color. It's also sweet that all your things made a great vignette! I can see that sometimes in my purchases as well. Either that, or I find 5 lamps or 3 baskets or something-all at different places. Funny how things work out.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...