Friday, February 17, 2012

A Goodbye

I'm sorry I've been absent from blogland. My sweet grandmother passed away last week after a battle with cancer. She was the matriarch of our family; a fiesty southern dame with red hair and a generous heart.

She was an amazing cook in her day, albeit in full-on Old South Paula Deen style. She was a dedicated collector of owls, long before they were trendy. She loved green and purple, but not pink. Never pink. "Not on a redhead."

The last thing she told me was that I needed more rouge.  And that she loved me.



I don't think I'll ever stop missing her.




xoxo

3 comments:

  1. No words can take away the hurt your heart feels, but I can offer a pray for yor beloved grandmother in heaven, and a prayer for you. I send you my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this news. Grandmothers are special people. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...