Monday, January 9, 2012

Thrift Score Monday: Double Trouble

I'm semi-sticking to my resolution not to thrift in the month of January and focus instead on my backlogged inventory....I haven't thrifted much. Today, I'm featuring a cool find from earlier in the fall: a set of two vintage wall shelves:



They are SUPER heavy and feature geometric, Chinoiserie-style brass supports and hanging hardware which gives them a glam, Hollywood Regency vibe.

I found them in a junk store in an upscale area. When you hold them, you can tell they are well-made, quality pieces. One of them features a vintage-looking sticker on the back from the store where they were originally purchased:


I just love their style and quality. Oddly enough, I think their unique shape means they could also work as a set of the world's most glamorous bookends:

Am I crazy???

Now for confession time:  Last Friday, I made a quick stop by a thrift store right next door to the post office (dangerous!).  And guess what I found? Another set of these beauties!  Both pair are in oustanding vintage condition with just some minor wear and patina. What are the chances?!  I just love them all...and maybe I need to keep a set.

Linking up here to check out everyone else's finds:

Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl
Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
What I Love About the Thrift Store at Cap Creations
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

8 comments:

  1. What's that song? "You would be so easy to live with.." Well, these would certainly be very, very easy to live with. WOW! What else do you have stashed?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom Wald...it's a bit scary. :) I did a LOT of treasure hunting this past summer. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny, I have a pair of these book shelves too-- I actually found them at a rummage sale held in a coffee shop. You've inspired me to dig them out of my storage and to hang them up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leilani--that's crazy! So cool that you have a set too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cool! I like that you used them as book ends, too. I think it's great to use somethingdifferently from what it was originally intended. Love your books.
    Visiting from Coastal Charm,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those! I really, really like them as book ends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's pretty cool! like them even better as book ends. thank you for sharing at cap creations. you have been featured!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...