Monday, November 21, 2011

Thrift Score Monday: Happy Thanksgiving!

It was a busy (work-wise) and dreary (weather-wise) week, so I wasn't the thrifting and treasure-hunting tornado that I usually am. I still, of course, managed to find a few things. ;)  Here are my favorites:

I loved this delicate ceramic vase. It's not a find of the caliber of, say, finding Rookwood at Goodwill or anything, but I still thought it was elegant and lovely...and in perfect condition.


I was also psyched to find a set of eight Fire King gratin bowls. I always refer to this color as peach lustre, though I think it's technically called copper. [Must research further!]  In any case, they are in PRISTINE condition--clearly have never been used. I love them; they feel so cozy and wintery to me--perfect for chili or french onion soup.

I've had this Pyrex bowl listed in my shop for a while:

It's the Spring Blossom Green (aka Crazy Daisy) pattern from the 1970s.  On a thrift shop foray over the weekend, I found the larger and smaller (green on white) bowls that go with this set, giving me an almost-complete nested set!  I've pulled the listing from my Etsy shop and I'm going to photograph the bowls as a set and relist them. I love reuniting broken sets of vintage objects!

Another reuinited set of sorts was this grouping of roly poly glasses:


I had three of them from earlier in the year, and I happened upon five matching ones at another thrift store. So weird when that happens!  These are unique in that there are various types of houses (tee-pee, log cabin, igloo, tiki hut, etc.) etched into the bands. The etched design is only noticeable up close:


I don't know who made them or the significance of the houses. If anyone knows, please share!

A final favorite from this week was this milk glass compote:


This is the "lotus blossom" pattern from Indiana Glass. I love the shape of the bowl and the delicate stem. It's not a pattern that I've seen before in milk glass, so I was excited to find it.

Overall, still a pretty good haul for an "off" week, I thought. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving! 

Linking up with some of my favorite blogs to check out everyone else's scores:
Flea Market Finds at Her Library Adventures
The Pennyworthy Project at Hey What's for Dinner Mom?
Anything Goes at Type A Decorating
What I Love About the Thrift Store at Cap Creations

Sunday's Best Linky Party! HOG











11 comments:

  1. Really love your finds this week. That milk glass compote is so elegant. That should sell quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Spring Blossom Pyrex. Got lots of it!

    Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have pushed down a small child for those fire king dishes--SERIOUSLY?? never used? use them, love them, I'm seeing mini sheppard's pie in them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura: You crack me up. Yep, pretty sure they've never been used. They are so glossy inside it's almost obnoxious! Sir: I love it too! I grew up with Spring Blossom/Crazy Daisy, so it makes me nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet finds!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little glasses! I'm a white vase collector myself...loving all your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may not be a Rockwell, but it lines and character is gorgeous. You found some great finds this weeks. Your too funny, I believe none of these have been used! Wishing a happy Thanksgiving. Thanks so much for sharing over at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for linking up at Cap Creations. Great finds, love the Fire King gratin bowls! And found is such great condition, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really find some amazing things! Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best. I will be featuring this today as most viewed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know you were featured today... http://www.oasisaccents.com/sundays-best-features/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...