Monday, November 7, 2011

Thrift Score Monday: Color Color Color!

My finds this week were all about color!

First, I love this vintage umbrella in vibrant shades of orange, teal-ish green, brown, harvest gold and white:



I love the rustic looking, aged-wood handle and I suspect the fabric is silk. I found this in the dusty back corner of a junk store behind some old tennis rackets. It seemed like the perfect item to begin this post, since it's such a gray, rainy afternoon in Indianapolis today!

Another colorful find was this vintage fabric-covered binder:




I'm not much of a binder person, but I couldn't pass this one up. I'm guessing it dates from the late 60s/early 70s. The fabric cover is a linen texture, and the colors are still bright and rich. I can see it making a chic notebook for a hip college student. It would also make an amazing housewarming gift for a vintage-loving friend, filled with some favorite recipes! I actually found this at a tag sale over the summer, but just recently unearthed it. (Not that my stash of vintage treasures is so disorganized that I LOSE things, or anything... Ahem.)

I made a couple more colorful finds in the cookware section of a local thrift store:


A cute yellow and red fondue pot featuring butterflies....

...and a super mod heavier-weight soup pot with 60s-style yellow and white flowers.
Both pots have seen their share of use and need a good scrub down, but the painted designs are both in excellent condition, and they both have lots of life left! I think they'd look darling displayed together in a retro kitchen.

Last but not least, my most colorful find of all!  Behold my collection of 1980s rainbow mugs:

Anyone who grew up in the 1980s will remember these, yet they can be difficult to track down today.  It took me almost four months of thrifting to assemble this collection!  They're not my usual style, yet they make me nostalgic and I think they'd be awesome (to use an 80s adjective) in the right home.

Now that I've blinded you with this out-of-character display of bright colors, I'm off to check off what others in the blogging world unearthed this past week! 

Linking with:
Thrift Share Monday @ Apron Thrift Girl
The Penny Worthy Project @ Hey Mom What's for Dinner?
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House of Grace
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
What I Love About the Thrift Store @ Cap Creations

Meet Virginia Design
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

4 comments:

  1. found you from the link up....i love that umbrella!

    xx
    alyssa
    http://wereaucourant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color! The pots are my fave, I have a thing for retro lol. Thanks so much for linking up at Cap Creations. We love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just my kind of color finds! Love the fondue pots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather, you sure were ot kidding when you said it was all about colour. So bright and cheerful. You found some great stuff. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...