Monday, September 12, 2011

Thrift Score Monday

It was a quiet weekend; I had a cold, plus the anniversary of 9-11 lent a bit of a somber edge. Nonetheless, I wanted to take advantage of what might be one of the last summery weekends of the year to visit a few tag sales. I made a few nice finds:




This sunny yellow Hall China teapot is in mint condition and included its original felt-lined aluminum warming jacket. I love the art deco lines of its lid and the swoopy handle.





Then, there was this coral-colored casserole or {huge} soup tureen. It's large enough to hold a Thanksgiving's worth of mashed potatoes, and it's in mint condition.  The mark on the bottom looks like "D.L. MOS," but it's hard to decipher.

I'm guessing both pieces date from the 40s or 50s, based on the styles and colors. I love the happy tones of dish- and kitchenware from this era. These pieces would both look great with Fiestaware, Riviera, or many other vintage patterns. And finding them put a little cheer back into my weekend!

Linking with the following to see what others discovered over the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Love your finds. So pretty, I really, really want to visit America to see what wonderful vintage and thrifty lovelies I can find.

    Found you via Apron Thrift Girl.

    Karen x

    http://thewhiteapproach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen! I hope to visit Australia someday! I just checked out your blog...lovely. I especially liked your Hecworth tea set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hall china...I have a few teapots, dishes and bowls...my favorite is a gold water pitcher! Love the pink serving dish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...