Monday, September 19, 2011

Thrift Score Monday: Très Chic

Trays are so handy. I've used them on an ottoman to corral remote controls and magazines; on a dresser top to hold perfume bottles, jewelry and tchotckes; and on a kitchen counter to catch mail and bills.  One of my favorite uses is to stylishly cover up a worn or less-than-pristine spot on a piece of wood furniture--no refinishing required!

I've found a bounty of decorative trays on my thrifting trips over the last couple of weeks. All kinds, all sizes, all shapes. I don't know if they've just been magically appearing for me, or if I'm noticing them more than usual, but regardless of the reason I've been really, really lucky lately. Here's a sampling:


 This elegant enameled tray by Kyes has the prettiest Asian-inspired handles. Very Hollywood Regency.

Next, this chic crystal tray (or very large, flat cake plate?). I love the heavy weight and the frosted art deco handles. It would be lovely holding barware and decanters.


I was also intrigued by these vintage acrylic trays that I snapped up for next-to-nothing at a tag sale.


The first one's very 60s mod; the second is more traditional. They really look like glass up close. How perfect would they be for serving drinks poolside?

With the current craze for all things Hollywood Regency, both brass and bamboo are super hot. So, I was thrilled to find this gorgeous brass tray rimmed in faux bamboo. The soft patina  gives it character, and it's the perfect size to serve as a repository for keys and a cell phone on an entryway table.



And here's another brass beauty with a faux bamboo railing:
It's a small size -- only about 8 inches wide -- and would be perfect for holding perfume bottles on a dresser, or even as a glam wine coaster. It's currently available in the shop!

This mid-century chrome tray has wooden handles with an art deco vibe:

It will be perfect for serving hors d'oeuvres at a cocktail party.

Finally, I was thrilled to find this fun aluminum tray in a springy green with a sawtoothed edge:



Perfect for serving lemonade or iced tea on the deck! 

All of these great finds will make their way to the shop in the coming weeks, since I already have quite the collection of trays at home. Très chic, n'est-ce pas?  

I'm linking up here to find out what everyone else unearthed this week:

    SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb
   

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful--all of them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristi. I was just looking at your blog...so jealous of your cool $2 chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really did good on all the trays.
    Everyone can use trays.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that exact same tray (the enameled blue/brass one) at a thrift store last year. Isn't it beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally going through a tray phase too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...