Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Secondhand Swoon

I haven't browsed Craigslist for vintage furniture pieces for a while, and I was pleasantly surprised today by all the vintage treasures I found. Once again, it was all about seating! 

First, this cute mid-century chair and ottoman set, only $150 for both pieces:


I think that orangey salmon color would look amazing in a room with turqoise and white.

Next, this cool mid-century setteé:


The owner says that it's airport seating from the 1950s, and the set can be configured in a "L" (as pictured) or in a straight line. I think this set would look great in a large, modern foyer or as bench seating in an eat-in kitchen.

I also spotted this set of antique wrought iron chairs. The seller is asking only $15, and is including the recovered cushions!


This is an absolute steal; these ornate, vintage wrought iron pieces are getting harder and harder to find, and are often sold at a premium price.

Next up, a super chic set of vintage bar stools:



This pair looks to be in great condition and they have amazing mid-century modern lines. Only $150 for the pair.

I couldn't resist sharing this set of vintage dining chairs:


They're so "Mad Men" cool, and only $100 for the entire set!

Last but not least, I'm enamored of this authentic mid-century sectional sofa. It's been completely reupholstered and looks to be in amazing condition:

It's listed for $2,000, which is pricy but still probably less that you'd pay for a reproduction sofa of this style, and the originals are usually of higher quality.

{All images via Indianapolis Craigslist.}

Once again, I'm amazed by the awesome bargains to be had on Craigslist and through other secondhand sources, vintage or not! I may never pay retail again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...