Monday, August 22, 2011

Thrift Score Monday

I just LOVE warm, sunny summer weekends. There's no better time for scouring flea markets, estate sales, and tag sales for castoff treasures. I was lucky once again this weekend!  From a few tables away, I spied this fabulous mid century modern flatware set at a tag sale. 



I haven't counted all the pieces yet, but there was simply a TON of this vintage modern goodness.  Four complete place settings, plus a gajillion extra teaspoons, soup spoons, dessert spoons, butter spreaders....even a ladle!  WOW.  The set was unmarked [it was one of THOSE sales], but I quickly flagged down the somewhat-surly looking lady running the sale to ask her how much she wanted. She shrugged. "Two bucks?"  

That's right.  TWO DOLLARS.  I'm not kidding. I feigned coolness. I pretended to consider. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a tiny box holding a matching set of condiment spoons.

"Throw those in?" I asked with audacity.  "Yeah, sure..." grumbled the proprietor. I drive a hard bargain, folks.  Inside, I did a little screamy-dance thing, then I quickly paid and raced back to the car. I'm pretty sure I may have screamed, "Wooooo hooooooo!" in the uncoolest possible manner on my way home.

Not sure yet if I'll keep these beauties or sell them in the shop. I'm pretty attached already!

**********************************************************************************

Thanks to Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for featuring my lamps from last week as one of her faves from her link party last week!  The ivory lamp will be posted in the shop this week. The brass lamp desperately needs to be rewired, but will be up for sale soon!

I'm linking up again with Southern Hospitality, Apron Thrift Girl, Her Library Adventures, Coastal Charm, and The Pennyworth Project to check out everyone else's great finds. One of the favorite parts of my week!

xoxo


Meet Virginia Design

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow you scored a great set of utensils!

    http://designpardeux.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those tiny spoons and forks as well. Good score.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing bargain!
    I really enjoy stopping by blogs such as yours to see what great thrift shop and garage sale finds you've discovered.
    You're an inspiration!
    I'm so looking forward to hitting my local thrift store this weekend!

    ps I also follow Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find!! :) Thanks for linking up to thriftaholics weekly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I saw the set over on Southern Hospitality and was dying! Then i find out you only paid $2! Find of the century, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha...thanks, Alyssa! I agree! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather,

    I have no idea if you will get this message. I have never posted a comment to a site. I don't blog. I don't know what I'm doing......but I have ONE fork from the collection you found. It belonged to my grandmother. I am interested in getting more. Do you sell your stuff? Call me ignorant. Just happened to be surfing and came across the picture. Clicked on it and found myself on this page. Can you help??? Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy! Glad you found me. :). Drop me a line via email at tatterandfray (at) gmail.com and we can discuss! ~Heather

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...