Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fresh Picked

I was excited to see a feature in the May 2011 Elle Decor (ummm, yes, I'm a little backlogged in my magazine reading!) about vintage-inspired fruit prints as a trend.  Fruit prints have been a fave of mine for years--I still cherish my berry print kitchen towels by the late and lamented Martha Stewart for K-Mart line!  Though decidedly retro, fruit prints can add a charming touch to any decor, and even warm up a more modern kitchen.


I like the Crate & Barrel fruit glasses, but I think much more interesting vintage glassware can be found on Etsy or eBay, probably at a lower cost!  For example, this set of glasses and carafe, currently featured in the shop:



I do love the Garnet Hill bedding from the article, though it seems to be sold out. Here's a closer look:

Green Apple Percale Bedding

Speaking of fruit prints, how cool are these pear bookends from Etsy seller pillowhappy? They are shipped unfilled, and the buyer can fill them with uncooked rice, sand, popcorn kernals, etc.  What a great idea for a kid's room!


For a more vintage feel, consider these dish towels from Napa Style. The cherry print is so retro, they feel authentically vintage:




And for a truly authentic vintage cherry piece, check out the gorgeous cookie jar in our shop, with the prettiest retro cherry blossom design.


It makes me want to run out and eat a slice of pie!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the fruit cookie jar in your shop!!! Might have to have that, you know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula. It can be yours if you REALLY want it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...