Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Secondhand Swoon

In my dreams, I have an old, rambling house with three floors and 14 bedrooms, each decorated with its own unique personality. Guests would be directed to "The Yellow Room," "The Library Suite," or "The Parisian Garrett."  I'd have endless opportunity to scour thrift stores, flea markets, and estate sales for the coolest antique and vintage furniture, always finding that perfect new home for each piece.

In reality, I have one guest room that's not even big enough to hold a dresser. Dilemma.

Instead, to satisfy my secondhand furniture cravings, I thought I'd start regularly featuring some choice finds from Craigslist, eBay, and other local and online resources that I'd snap up in a New York Minute if only I had room in the "East Wing"....

So without further adieu, behold today's finds:




Totally swooning over this deco dresser for only $75!
 The gorgeous hardware alone is worth that much.



A vintage desk that would be STUNNING with a coat of paint.
Love the brass hardware and corner detail!
 



Amazing mid-century dining set for $250.

Loving this library table for only $40!  How amazing would this look in a foyer?


A complete Danish Modern bedroom set for a mere $225?!

 All images via the Indianapolis Craigslist. I've said it for years and I still believe it to be true: the Midwest is tops for thrifting and secondhand goods at dirt cheap prices!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...